Monday, June 9, 2014

Sexual abuse 4

Sorry, I had a rough week so I didn't get to my favorite - blogging.  During this time I have been visiting with several adults who were sexually abused as children.  Their confusions can be put in several questions:
1.  Why didn't my mother protect me?
2.  Why did my mother deny my abuse?
3.  Why do I keep on getting abused?
4.  If God is a good God why did He allow my abuse?
Here is what I want to cover.  Today.  What I can say about the past is that it was NEVER YOUR FAULT.  Today is your choice, and we can help you with that.  Please use therapy for your questions about your past.  It does need to be addressed; however, we are equipped to handle today, and one day at a time.  The question about God I would like to answer from the prospective of today, and also from my own experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment