Friday, April 18, 2014

Quality World Three

The third thing we keep in our Quality World is the ideals or beliefs we hold.  This makes the way we work with children very important.  For example, from early childhood I had two things I was sure I never wanted to do; displease God nor displease my grandparents.  Every time throughout my life I was in a comprising position, I asked myself two questions, "Would this hurt my grandparents, or displease God?"
I had read the Bible through 3 times by the time I was 12 years old.  Of course I didn't understand much of what I read, but it was enough to give me some base to think from.
Today's children have what I call "Transient" values.  I have heard the girls say, "I'm not going to have sex before marriage.... well, unless he's cute."  Or, "I'm not going to take drugs...unless I'm at a party, everyone does drugs at a party."
One of the best things we can do for our children is teach them the 5 Needs, the 4 parts of behavior, the things we hold in our quality world, and to take responsibility for our behavior.
More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment