Wednesday, April 30, 2014

"It's the wrong family"

I learn from each child that comes into our lives.  Back in the early 80's we had a 13 year old girl from a large family.  She had never had "store bought" clothes, or a hair cut in a beauty salon.  She loved that experience.  One weekend we had all 7 of her siblings stay with us.  We took them all to church with us.  I heard one of the sisters say, "Wow, you got your dream.  New store bought clothes, a real haircut, and a family that goes to church."  She sadly looked at her sister and answered, "Yes, but it's the wrong family."
I learned that even though I put my heart, soul, time  and money into the kids, they may not be able to get over the loss of their family.  Remembering the Quality World helps me keep things in perspective.  It may not be possible for a child to ever reconcile with their family, and so, not to make me feel better, but to help the child find meaning in the world as it is in their life, it is important to help them  see their options and choices.


No comments:

Post a Comment